Due to health and safety precautions related to COVID-19, the Office of Housing & Residence Life has had to alter certain procedures and policies. The information below outlines several important pieces of information, as well as steps you must take, prior to moving on campus, including scheduling a move-in date and time.
COVID 19 Policy
Please be sure to review and understand the Housing and Residence Life COVID-19 policy, found here. The policy outlines your responsibility to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through various means, including, but not limited to: wearing a mask per College policy, cleaning shared spaces, such as community bathrooms, before and after use, social distancing, agreeing to quarantine or isolate should you be exposed to or confirm positive for COVID-19 and more. It also outlines steps that the College will take to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, including increased cleaning of common spaces, regulation of common areas in residence halls, adapting residential programming and more.
Guide to Campus Living
Our Guide to Campus Living for 2020-2021 is available online. The Guide outlines all housing and residence life policies and procedures, includes helpful information about life on campus, resources, and information important to know before moving in to our residential community.
In order to maintain proper physical distancing and to take other precautions, UVA Wise will provide a scheduled-by-appointment, move-in approach starting on Wednesday, August 5 and continuing until Tuesday, August 11. While in the past this has been a one-day event, it will now be a multiple day process with various move in blocks. New first year students must be moved in by Sunday, August 9 at noon in order to begin Expedition, the extended orientation process, that will start that afternoon. In addition to a phased move in, please note these following important guidelines that must be followed for move in:
- Only 2 guests will be permitted to assist each student with moving in to their residence hall
- Masks must be worn at all times by students and their guests when in the hallways or common areas of the buildings
- UVA Wise will not be supplying any hand trollies, dollies, or carts due to safety concerns. Please feel free to bring your own.
- Students are encouraged to limit what they bring to campus—avoid bulky items, furniture, etc.
- Students will only be permitted to move in during pre-scheduled time blocks—when that time block has expired, any guests assisting you must leave the building in order for others to move in.
- Student-athletes and other approved early arrivals will receive additional information about their move in process from their coach or director.
- Visit www.uvawise.edu/moveinday for more information.
Please follow these steps to schedule your Move-In day date and time:
- Login to the housing portal and electronically sign the Housing Contract Addendum agreeing that you have read and understand the COVID 19 policy, as well as other contractual changes.
- Call the Office of Housing & Residence Life (276-328-0214) between 8:30am and 5pm Monday through Friday to schedule your Move-In Day date and time. Staff will confirm to ensure you have signed the housing contract addendum prior to scheduling your appointment. Please be patient as we expect high call volumes as we all work through this process.
- Start planning what you will back and look for additional details to be provided in an email closer to your scheduled move-in.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to campus to begin the Fall 2020 semester. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or visit www.uvawise.edu/reslife.